Friday, March 12, 2010

So blessed

I just have a short post that I feel compelled to write. I am so blessed. I am naturally sometimes a pessimist, as my sweet husband likes to remind me when I'm really in a mood. I have been working really hard at fighting nature and changing this about myself but these added hormones haven't helped recently. I really strive to be more like my mom who has the sweetest spirit of anyone I have ever met. Apparently, on most days, I didn't inherit that gene... However, today I would like to remind myself that I am blessed with some amazing friends! In the last few days, I have heard from quite a few people (we'll call them my long lost friends) that have been a part of my life for years but I am not the best at keeping in touch with. Just for a quick congratulations on the news they've heard through the grapevine or to just check in and say hello. I usually shove the lack of communication guilt off by saying to myself "Well so-n-so is someone I can just pick right back up with because we're just like that." And usually this is true which helps me justify putting off calling another week because of my "busy" schedule. Well I just want to shout out to my friends and say that I love you- no matter how much I call you or text you or email or whatever. I love you. And I am thankful for you in my life! You are such a blessing. Thank you for putting up with my horrible communication skills and call me anytime. (Well I thought this post would be shorter).

No comments:

Post a Comment