Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Luck

Or not so good luck. Wouldn't you know my luck that I FINALLY find the most perfect baby mobile that I've ever seen--- and they don't make it anymore! :( BOOOOOoooo Laura Ashley! I have been searching for months to find the best mobile that would accent our girly oceany theme (non-theme really since I'm not really a theme person). I have searched every site imaginable. I have googled mobiles every possible way. I even briefly considered making my own mobile- yeah right- the clock is ticking. And just when I was about to give up, there it was.



Isn't it precious?! The colors work. The shapes work. Its not overbearing. And its not too "themey." But, alas, my Laura Ashley Sally the Seahorse mobile is unfindable. It would go so well with the baby comforter that my Mother in Law has made for Peapod. The one that she made and I am supposed to forget about until my baby shower when I act surprised to see it! ;) I can't wait. I've been practicing my surprised face. But back to my sad mobileless face... Any suggestions or ideas?

My luck #2 of the day... Dave Matthews! He's in town. I thought I was going! I am not. :( We found out this morning that Brother-Giant had 2 tickets and was supposed to take his roommate who backed out due to a family situation and we would be going in their place...but... apparently he has now pulled back in and is going with our tickets. SHOOT! I mean (don't get me wrong)- I'm glad that the family situation turned out ok- but DANGIT ALL! I was sooo hoping to see Dave live. Its the thing to do down here- everyone's going!! (Said in my most whiney voice possible). Once again, I'll wait until next year, and maybe just maybe score tickets early enough.

____________________________

On a different and serious note. My poor husband. Him's so sad. Today he had to put down the family dog Callie. She was a 14 year old golden lab that he grew up with since she was a puppy. He loved her very much. She has been consistantly going down hill and her back hips have been giving her more and more trouble to the point where she was falling pretty much every day. She survived past the point anyone ever predicted she would suffering with her other health issues of epileptic seizures. No one else in the family could do it so he was chosen to, while his parents are out of the country... I'm leaving that one alone (you know). So my poor giant is sad tonight. His beloved dog has gone on to a better place. As I told him last night, I believe heaven is made up of everything you want it to be, and if he wants her in his heaven, then she will be. So, rest in peace Callie. You were a good dog.

Now no Dave and no dog... I've gotta come up with something good for tonight to cheer my boy up.

1 comment:

  1. sorry about the mobile and the puppy. A bummer of a day overall, but your shower is happening soon... I wish I could be there- you'd better take awesome pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete