Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's happened!

You know, that moment when you realized your newborn baby doesn't actually hate you and his crying isn't an alert to the authorities to save him from this clueless parent!

My heart has officially melted for this boy. I got my first laugh! He not just smiled at me, but he actually laughed. I think I heard my heart actually explode with love when he made that loud cackle.



He started purposefully smiling at me a few times last weekend. Of course, it was never when I was acting silly trying to make him smile. Moms you know what I'm talking about. We will do just about anything for that smile. It was first when I was holding him close to my face and just smiling at him. Bam! He smiled back!

Finally, yesterday his coos and smiles turned into one big open mouth precious cackle! Its been a big week for the boy. He not only has started laughing, but 3 days ago he started rolling over too! Ah! Tummy time became roll time at 3 1/2 weeks old. Lifting his head at 2 1/2 weeks, holding his head up at 3 weeks, rolling over at 3 1/2, laughing… phew this kid already keeps me on an early watch. I have a feeling he'll be doing this for the rest of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment