Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mike's Air Force update

We have heard some frustrating news from Mike's AF recruiter over the last few days I want to share with all of you that have been asking about his situation. We have continued to tell people that we think Mike will be leaving some time in the "next few weeks" since the beginning of the year because we were under that impression. The latest from the AF is that he actually has at least a month and a half left here before he leaves. Details details-all a little confusing. Mike started this AF training in November weighing around 290. In the last few years, the AF has gotten very strict on their weigh-ins, so Mike was told he needed to lose A LOT of weight before basic. So, he did. He now weighs in at 217, a shock to both of us that he could have ever gotten down to that! He hasn't weighed this "light" since his freshman year in high school. You that know him, know this is a HUGE difference on him! So now, my "skinny" husband and I sit and wait for the AF to get ready for him because he is ready for them! We are both excited about this new adventure for us and would like it to start soon because we (obviously) have a lot to be planning for. I am not good at hurry up and wait... It has been hard on us planning on "our" time and now readjusting to "HIS" time. We are praying that the Lord will use this time of waiting to prepare us both for the changes ahead and the seperation we will endure. So, at this point, we just don't know how much longer he will be here with me but we are trying to enjoy every extra moment we have together. Just wanted to share this quick little update to inquiring minds.

4 comments:

  1. Wowzas. I want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so frustrating! T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn- I will definitely work on getting pictures up. Its extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike didn't say that comment above- I did. Ooops. Was signed into the wrong account :)

    ReplyDelete