Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down

I'm squeezing this one in today... but I am bringing back the Thumbs Up/ Thumbs Down Thursdays! Here's my list for the day.


_______________________________________

________________________________________



One) Most of all.... my number one Thumbs Up goes to Peapod today and her baby kicks! In the last week + I've been feeling her more and more and I absolutely love it! Even at 3am when I'm up for my nightly potty break and she decides to wake up too. Can't describe exactly how cool the feeling is, but it is. (Note: when I google imaged "baby kicks" this is the pic that came up. Its not- I repeat NOT- me. And frankly, it sortof creeps me out and I have no idea if its real, but I needed a picture).



(Another side note: I hadn't realized how used to her movements I've become until yesterday when I was asked if she was moving. It dawned on me she hadn't moved all day that I could feel. Got a little nervous after the night before I'd pulled a little jump move that apparently pulled a groined area muscle - but all's fine per Dr. T- so I didn't worry too much But putting two and two together in the midst of a small silent panic attack- slight exaggeration. Tried all night last night to feel her. Still nothing. I decided to go to bed and if I didn't feel anything by today, I'd go buy one of those prenatal heart monitors for my peace of mind. Woke up at 3am as mentioned above, went to the bathroom, said a little prayer and asked God to please make her move just so I could go back to sleep and breathe a little easier. Got back in bed and I promise within two minutes, I felt two very definite baby kicks. One right after another. Then nothing. It was like God gave me just exactly the sign I needed that she was fine and I fell right to sleep. Well, right after I shook the Giant and said "Babe, she just kicked me, she's fine!!!" to which I got a groan, a thumbs up over the shoulder...and that was it. Back to sleep I went).


Numero dos) Second thumbs up goes to... Jergen's Natural Glow self tanner. Love love love this stuff for people who *like me* one- don't have the time to lay out and get that beautiful early summer glow, two- have fair skin and take a few times to actually look like anything other than a ghost, or three- are preggo and can't fake and bake like they normally would... Through the years, I have used every product under the sun as sunless moisturizer, and this is by far my fav! Insert my official endorsement here.



And my third and final thumbs up for the day goes to chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Well, really it should be directed at my big sis Dr. T and her wise words to eat this little bit of heaven. :) Wouldn't it be great if a certain unnamed husband that is rather large and ridiculously good-looking... ahem... read this and had a bowl of it ready for me by the time I got home from my long, hard day at work?!!! What do you think the odds are? A girl can dream... with cherries on top.




____________________________________

________________________________________

I only have one...shocker I know.... but seriously.... this ones a doosie.

A BIG THUMBS DOWN to my belly button without my belly button ring in it! :( The belly button piercing I've had since I was 18 years old and have never gone more than 24 hours without a ring in!! I kept it in as long as I could! However, Giant blunt husband commented the other day that I looked like I had an outtie belly button because it was poking through my top. Which got me thinking... its time. However, I HAVE found pregnancy belly button rings online today! So, I may or may not be ordering one tonight and having it shipped as quickly as possible. My money's on the may be- but I'm just sayin'. this one absolutely DOES NOT need a picture... I'll spare you this time.

Have a great rest of your Thursday. Was yours as cloudy and windy as mine? Come one tomorrow and your 90 degree weather! HURRY UP!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yea! love the post!!!!!!
    DO NOT get a new BB ring. Wait until after you deliver and then you can get it redone. Life goes on. That's my old-lady advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait you have to get it redone???!!

    I love this post as well! Love all of your Thumbs up! Especially about her kicking!! That's so exciting! It seriously never gets old for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Olay Plus-touch of sun. Not as "strong", but doesn't have that wierd smell at all.
    Not that you smell wierd... that just came out wrong. Loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to confess. i rented a fetal monitor for my pregnancy and i loved it! it is hard not to get worried or stressed sometimes when you don't feel them. but it is the most amazing and wonderful feeling...even at 38 weeks when they feel like they are using your ribs as a jungle gym!
    i also am a huge fan of the jergens too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can you rent them?! I haven't heard of this!

    ReplyDelete