I just heard from the Giant! THANK YOU LORD!!! That was the fastest 3 minute phone call of my life, but oh man am I thankful for it. Here's about how it went...
Ring Ring (while I sit watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving).
Hubby calling... I jump up extatic!
"Hello?!"
"Hey! Grab a pen and paper quick. I have three minutes."
Run to kitchen grab first paper I find.
"OK. GO!"
Giant yells out long address as it is very loud in the background with everyone else doing the exact same thing.
I yell/repeat it back to make sure its right.
"That's it. OK."
"How much time do we have?"
"30 seconds."
"OK. How are you? How are things?!"
"I'm good! How are you?"
"I'm great now!"
"OK I've gotta go! I love you! Happy Thanksgiving!"
"Happy Thanksgiving Baby! Love you too."
End of phone call. Phew was that hard! Emotions hit me like a ton of bricks when I hung up the phone. There was so much I wanted to say. So much I want to hear about. But oh am I so thankful for that three minute phone call. My Giant sounded good, amongst the chaos. What a great Thanksgiving surprise.
So, if you would like his mailing address to send him a note or card (which he would love! Any notes of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!), please just email me or comment and I would be happy to send you his address. No packages or presents can be sent, but a note or two would mean the world to him during his time away. You probably won't hear anything back since they keep will be keeping him so busy, but know he will love hearing about the outside world and words of encouragement.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment