Do people ever come through your life out of nowhere and seem to have a mirror image of your life? You would never have crossed paths otherwise, but some one single act introduced you and suddenly you have more in common than you had first though. Well, I have a few instances of this in my life. Most recently, I have "met" a girl through the blog world that I have really enjoyed following. Sarah at The Story of the Smiths is someone that I think if we lived anywhere in the same region/state/part of the country, I'd could see us being "real-life" friends. Our daughters are one day apart too, which would greatly add to the fun. Both Air Force wives, new first time mothers to beautiful-energetic-and-rollypolly little girls, and attempting crafty DIYers. Meant to be perhaps.
It amazes me how many times that I have gone to write a post about Cheyanne, only to later read that little Shelby is doing the exact same thing or is in the same phase. The girls are (and have been from the beginning) very close to size and seem to be quite similar in their demeanor as well. Like I said, if we were anywhere near each other, I'd definitely have said up a play date by now. Hopefully one day we'll get to actually meet and have a real play date. Maybe?
I have to laugh. I created this post yesterday but didn't finish it until today. Don't you know that before I finished it, I was blog surfing and realized I was not as creative as I had thought. I swear I'm not copying you Sarah.
I've been packing things up all week this week and decided it was time to take apart Cheyanne's bassinet that we've been using as her changing table since being here. Cheyanne decided it would be a good idea to crawl into it, which of course meant I had to run grab my camera.
My little girl is growing up so fast. It is hard to believe that just 11 months ago, we were laying her in her bassinet for the very first time, only to line it with blankets so she couldn't roll around with all the spacious room she had. Its a little bitter sweet to think back at how fast time is flying by with my little beauty. One more month and I'll have a ::choke back tears:: one year old on my hands. Holy one year moly.
Go check out The Story of the Smiths and see what I'm talking about. The similarities are amazing! (Sorry Sarah, I hope you don't mind I threw you and Shelby into this one- but it is crazy sometimes).
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment