Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Eve and the build up

Without the Giant here and feeling a little down, I cannot tell you how happy I was when my sister pulled into the driveway a few days before Christmas!! What a much needed pick me up. Two years in a row, she's been here to save the Giantless day. 

Now that that's out in the open, lets continue on with the holidays.

Normally, all of our holiday meals are done at either my parents' or my grandparents', but this year we changed it up. With Cheyanne at a fun age to take in the beauty of Christmas, we decided to head to Bedford where we could eat and see some Christmas lights. Christmas Eve Eve (yes I meant to repeat myself) we ate at the Liberty Station which is an old train station depot turned pretty awesome restaurant. 




After a delicious meal, we headed over to the Elks Lodge for a drive-thru lights show. As I predicted, Cheyanne l.o.v.e.d. it. She "ooooh"'ed and "ahhh"'ed right along with us.




Granted, as this is an Elks retirement home and most of the Christmas displays are probably  definitely older than I am, its not anything that would win awards. But, its a tradition here in the mountains and continues to bring in car lines full every night during the holidays. Chey didn't seem to mind one bit that the hand painted cardboard angel looked more like an overweight Julie Andrews than perhaps an arch angel. Its tradition.

Then Christmas Eve came and we spent most of the day at my brother's house helping him move. I took two pictures of Chey during the whole day. Neither are exactly…winners…

Look closely. Yep, this will be a keeper when she's 16. Well played, Daughter.



Well, at least she looked cute in her Christmas outfit ready for the Christmas Eve service. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how happy I was to see this post! I was just about to turn off my computer, when I checked the site for the first time today (ok, the 20th...) and... yea! Pictures and Posts!
    Thanks for making my night, i love you, T.

    ReplyDelete