Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Change in "Ranttitude"

OK, I can't leave my boo post as my latest post anymore. Now that I have all that ranting out of my system and my attitude has improved, on to good things! Like...

1) Today is my dearest friend Cara's 25th birthday! A quarter of a century my friend, you old bag lady you. Cara has kept me sane for most of my life ;), and I treasure our friendship more than most because she has always been my "lifesaver." No point in denying that one. She now lives a million miles away in a far away land called Chicago, and seems to love it... but the Giant and I are still keeping our fingers crossed that one day not in the not so far distant future that Cara and her husband Grant will come to their senses and decide it is just better to live near us- no matter where that is- even in Timbucktoo. So, happy big 2-5 my Cara Marie! I love you always :)






2) Baby Peapod is dancing and growing. We are at 28 weeks and based on yesterday's doctor's appointment, things are looking good. I have started feeling the braxton hicks contractions, but this post is on good things so I'll save more on that one for later. While at the doc's yesterday, my OB put the heart monitor on me and Peapod gave it a swift and powerful jab. Heard that one! Apparently she wasn't a fan of being interrupted during her dance recital.

3) Survey time!!!

How far along?: 28 weeks!!
How big is baby?: Approx. the size of an chinese cabbage (google it- I had no idea either) and weighing about 2 1/4 lbs. Almost 15 inches long head to heal.
Weight Gain?: Gaining steadily. I'm up almost 12 pounds now. Eek!
Stretch Marks?: Still NO! Thank you Jesus!!
Maternity Clothes?: Basically anything that can stretch is being worn at this point.
Sleep?: I fell asleep before 9pm the other night. Am I old? I don't know if I care- it felt sooo good!
Best moment this week?: Getting to have lunch with our goddaughter Baby Jessica. Oh and her parents Mikey and Katie ;) Thank you for all the baby clothes by the way!
Food Cravings?: Fresh cucumbers! Mmm! And Cheetos...
Gender?: She is still all girl.
Movement?: More and more and she seems to be farther into my ribs now. But still laying across my belly so my sides get the brunt. And so much pressure!
What I miss?: Wine. And not glaring at the scale every time I walk by it... even though I know why the needle is going up and I am thankful that it is, it does not make seeing those numbers rise any easier.
Belly Button?: I look like I have two. Weird.
Labor Signs?: Bring on the Braxton Hicks contractions- as long as they stay BH and not pre-term labor!
What I'm looking forward to?: Seeing my sister in 9 days!!!
Milestone?: Having my husband help push me out of my bed because I could not seem to roll over to get up. Pathetic... not all milestones are good ones, but they're milestones.

4) 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and its only a few days away!! We have no outstandingly huge plans and I am just fine with that. Saving up all my energy for the next weekend with my sister!

5) I want this. Or something like this. My back hurts. (No this is not supposed to be in my good things list, but hey its whats going on right now so its worth adding).



6) DRUM ROLL PLEASE....drrrrrrrrrr (I dont know how you spell out a drum roll)..... tonight is DATE NIGHT!!! My husband rocks! We are going to see the new movie Eclipse! The third movie in the Twilight Saga. WOOHOO! 7pm. My phone will be off (and by off I mean silent because its never actually off). Do not bother calling. I won't pick up. I will be in Jacob vs Edward heaven! Hope the giant doesn't kill me for announcing to the world that he TOO will be going to see this little peice of lover-story heaven. :) He is secretly just as excited- very secretly! Busted!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your sis can't wait to see you either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. birthday, baby girl, sister, and eclipse??? how are you not bursting with excitement??? hehe. :) thanks for the birthday mention in the blog. makes me smile. love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete