Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A little out of sorts

Its been one of those weeks here in Giantland. I can't quite put my finger on it, but things are definitely out of sorts. Mercury must be aligned still. When mischeivous Mercury aligns, all things get a little screwy. I'm battling too much in my mind, my emotions are a little too all over the place, I hurt, I'm frustrated, and I'm just plain lost. And yet, at the same time that I'm feeling all of this, I feel this weird sit-back-and-relax feeling. One feeling of peace I've never felt before. I think my body is forcing me to slow down and relax, really leaving me without a choice but to embrace life with every baby kick and let things fall in to place where they may. But holy moly are my thoughts trying to fight back.

This week, the wood floors are getting redone and stained at home so we've set up camp in my brother-in-law's living room for a few days. Air mattress and all squooshed between a tv and a couch. Yep, preggo me heaving myself off an airmattress just to plaster myself against the tv screen and shimmy my way through to escape for my multiple midnight potty breaks- oh and all in the pitch black of a new place. Fun! But, thank goodness we had some where to go so close and on such short notice. No way could I be around all those stain fumes- it reeks of automatic headache!

No new news on baby girl yet. We still haven't gotten in to see the MFM physician at EVMS yet. That's been a long and frustrating process that I won't bore you with going into all the details. Hopefully they get me in this week because this waiting and wondering thing is about to kill me. I did, however, have my appointment with Internal Medicine concerning my pains Monday. Apparently every Internal Medicine physician is not Dr. House. I expected much different. I still have no idea what he does or did to me but I hope it did something good. When he started feeling my back muscles and nerves, he was shocked at how many spasms he found. Who knew?. Working those nerve spasms out was NOT fun! Although, he did give me some (baby safe) muscle relaxers to take at night to help me sleep. He said, "You might get a little drowsy on them." Well last night, ten minutes after (first calling the Dr. sister to get the official ok to take one) popping one I was dead to the world. I'm in love. Although, waking up this morning was not so much fun. But I seemed to have a little less lower pains so I won't complain.

On to another subject, the Giant has a PAST test retake tomorrow. It will be just like his first PAST but hopefully with better times this go round.He won't lose his first scores, so this can only help him. He is very nervous about it though, nervous about the cramps coming back between swimming and running like last time. Please pray him through the morning tomorrow if you can. He's been spending every day this week at the gym and track retraining. He's still been looking for a job in the meantime, but this week he's PAST focused.

Hey, do you know what time it is?! ..... It's pre-football get-your-fantasy-leagues-together time! How do I know? Because my fantasy football reminder emails are coming in daily. WOOHOO! Insert my Let's Go Hokies here! Anybody else planning on being in a good fantasy league this year? football season will be so different this year! What was the first outfit ever bought for my Peapod? A Hokies cheerleading onesie! What else? It looks a little something like this.

Pretty sure its way to big for her because I didn't exactly plan it out right- since I bought it last year- way before she was even a thought. Oops. Oh well. It was on sale. We'll make something work for game days.

So anyways, that's our life today. Who knows whats next? Not me. But you'll be the first to know when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment