Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No false alarms!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement on the last post. I really appreciated reading all of them on the blog and on facebook. Its encouraging to hear about some of your different stories of experience with this. Quick update on today's doctor appointment for little one while Hubs has her in the "steam room" aka the bathroom with the shower on.

We went to the pediatrician and had xrays done of her chest. Imagine, baby who already doesn't like to be layed down especially not on her back laid down on a cold xray table and held there for a few minutes to have pictures taken. Hmm yeah that was not fun listening to the screaming. Thank goodness Hubs is stronger than I am against the cries. Break my heart. Xrays came back and everything looked clear there. The doctor says that she has acid reflux or GERD based on her symptoms and last night's chokefest. He wants her on an Apnea Monitor anytime she is sleeping for at least the next 6 months. Because during her choking last night she also quit breathing a few times, I think its a very good idea and will help us all sleep a little better. Basically, the apnea monitor is little electrodes that go on her chest to monitor her breathing and heart rate. It will sound this crazy loud alarm if she stops breathing again to alert us or if her heart rate jumps or drops. So scary! Tonight is the first night we'll be using it. I'm hoping for no false alarms because most everything I've read or heard on this monitor is that false alarms is common. I'm not looking forward to that adrenaline rush in the middle of the night. Of course, I'd much rather it go off as a false alarm. Bleh, enough of that! Anyways, the pediatrician also put her on a prescription of zantac twice a day. He expects her to grow out of this by a year, I'm praying for much sooner. I hate when my baby is not feeling good. Anyways, thanks again for all your words of encouragement and pray us through a calm night tonight.

See our new daily equipment? Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment