Monday, January 17, 2011

My Four Month Beauty

Yesterday, my baby turned four months. Sweet baby girl, you are changing so fast, its hard to keep up. You are doing something new all the time. Daddy's going to hardly recognize you on Thursday when we see him.

We love Mr. Bear.


We love to bite him.


We love to hug him.


And we love to use him as an armrest. He's pretty great all around.


But we love our Momma more.

So lets see what this lately lady is up to lately...

Weighing in at 14lbs11oz and is now 23 1/2 inches tall, she has gained a whole pound and a half in a month! She is in the 75th percentile in weight and between 25-50th percentile in height.

  • She loves her Skipper and Papaw. I've never seen this child beam more than when one of these guys walks in the room. It took two months of seeing them on a daily basis, but she has more than warmed up to them both. Although, her Momma is still her favorite, these two are in the running.



  • Her favorite game is kiss the feet or eat the hands. Meaning- Momma kisses feet or eats her hands and she cracks up. Its a fun game that we play. What I do to make this baby laugh :). Oh, of course there is her favorite game (not mine so much) of catch Momma's hair when its in arms length and hold on for dear life. Like I said, not my favorite game we play. But it too cracks her up. I wonder what she'll do with all that free time when I decide to chop it all off. Good thing for her, I won't be doing that any time soon, not until Daddy gets home at least and all other things are stable.
  • Her favorite toys are the pink butterfly I've talked about before and the snow globe from Christmas. Yep, it is still out. Long after all other Christmas decorations have gone into hiding. It won't be going anywhere, she loves it too much. She pretty much loves anything that plays music and lights up. And if it blows snow around, well that's just even better.


  • She still loves open mouth kisses and riding in the car. Its very rare for her to cry in the car, unless she is very hungry or very tired of being in her seat. 
  • She fights sleep and doesn't like to miss a thing. Some call her nosy, but I say she's just observant and interested. Smiles buy her a few extra minutes- every time.
  • She has rolled over about 5 or 6 times but still continues to have little interest in it. She seems to surprise herself every time she does. 
  • If she can put it in her mouth, she will. Doesn't matter if its a ball, a hand, Momma's hair, you name it- she wants it. And if it belongs to you, I apologize for it being returned drool-soaked.
  • She eats every 3 hours, except at night. We're down to no middle of the night feedings, but she still likes to wake up just in case she can get some grub. 
  • Bath time is sometimes the only thing that gets us through the evenings. Boy does she love baths! My clean clean girl. 
  • And Hush Little Baby calms pretty much any fit. Only if I knew the end of that song. So for now, we end in lalalalalalala. She seems to like it. I'm open to new song suggestions.

So, that's month four of Cheyanne. We leave tomorrow morning at 7am to fly to Texas. She and I are flying by ourselves. I'm nervous about her first flight, but I have researched and prepared as much as I can to make it the easiest trip imaginable. We have new toys, extra blankets, a front pack carrier for extra observant fun in the airports, books, and a little Kindle reading for me. Fingers are crossed that she sleeps. Ha. Yeah, I'll keep dreaming.

We see the Giant on Thursday!!! I'm so ready!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you-- I can't wait to see pictures of Baby C and BOTH of her parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you get to see him soon! have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that it has been a wonderful reunion!! And that little Cheyanne has been a perfect ANGEL!!! I am sooooo happy for all of you. Back together again. I know Michael is beyond ecstatic to have his girls with him. Congratulations to all of you!!! Love and hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete