Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whata good girl

Hear ye hear ye, Peapod slept through the night last night!!! She slept a whole solid 8 hours last night. Seriously. My child. Who at most has slept 6 hours in one sitting. One time. And all other nights sleeps in 2-4 hour increments. EIGHT HOURS! From 9pm until 5am this morning. And then even went back to sleep with a little encouragement until 7am to nurse. Quick, somebody knock on some wood for me before I jinx myself. I know I told you that before Christmas, I started letting her fuss it out at night. Fuss aka scream bloody murder when I wasn't in her direct line of sight. Well that worked for a few days, getting better each night with shorter amounts of fussing. But, around Christmas, she started reverting back to waking up every few hours. Well that just wasn't flying anymore after all the Christmas visitors left. I couldn't handle walking around like a zombie anymore. Last week we moved her into her own room to help eliminate any extra noise for either of us. That seemed to work quite a bit. Remember, she is the world's lightest sleeper. Before, she would wake up at the slightest noise. Me pulling back the covers, my phone dinging that I have an email, me writing on a piece of paper even. Now that she is in her own room, she has no additional sounds to wake her and I'm not right next to her to jump at her first whimper only to wake us both up more. I have no idea what was different about last night. Maybe it was because the night before was rough on both of us. Up four times in an hour to calm a not-quite-awake-but-definitely-not-asleep baby. I wonder if last night was a fluke. No telling- until tomorrow that is.


3 comments:

  1. Maybe this was Giant's plan...leave and then return when baby girl is sleeping through the night. That rascal! :) Glad she made it 8 hours! Such a good milestone to reach. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Cheyanne! And yay for Mommy, too! :) I just replied to your comment on my blog and left you the link to the toy...hope Cheyanne likes it! :) Keeping my fingers crossed for another good night of sleep for the both of you!!

    ReplyDelete