If you don't have the pleasure of knowing my mom personally, let me just tell you, you are missing out. I know everyone says that their mom is the best mom, blah blah blah. Its a child's duty to say that I think. Its in our contracts that we sign at birth. Well, I'll just say this, I'd say my mom is the best even if I hadn't.
Those of you that know Mom, you can agree, I'm pretty dang lucky. How I got so lucky, who knows. When I think of the mom that I want to be my children, I have been given the greatest example of a mom to mimic. Unfortunately for me, I don't always succeed in calling on that half of my genes to take over in the parenting department. As much as I would like to be like my mom and as great as we get along, there are some major differences that I've yet to overcome. My mom is gentle. I am loud. My mom is mild mannered. I am quick tempered. My mom is quick to forgive. I am a procastinater. My mom is organized. I am… less organized. But what we do have in common is this. We love our children more than ourselves. We strive to see the best in everyone around us. We have put our own dreams on hold for our families and our home.
Mom, there are a lot of things in which I wish I could be more like you. Mostly, its that I wish my husband would call me a saint too, like my husband calls you… a lot. Just kidding, but he really does, a lot. In seriousness, mostly I hope that one day my daughter can look at me the way that my siblings and I look at you, and be thankfully for being blessed with such an amazing mother.
You're the best and I love you.

AMEN!
ReplyDeleteDenise, You are also a wonderful sister-in-law. It is always great having you in our lives. Thanks for keeping my brother occupied while he grows up and matures. (just messing Mike). Yes the world got brighter when you were born but it got a little sweeter as well.
ReplyDelete