Friday, May 4, 2012

My birthday Giant

I definitely didn't mean to pass over the Giant's birthday which was just a few days ago, but somehow things have been a little unpredictable around here. I feel like I live my life in blog posts and then forget or run out of time to actually make those blog posts come into fruition. I know I have a TON of things to catch up on here, and I promise I will. So let's backtrack a few days and give a big shout out to my giant. I love you Sweetheart. You're simply the best and all I could ever hope for. Cheyanne and I are blessed to have you.


I wish I could say we had done more for his birthday, but with the most unpredictable career field imaginable (seriously people- planning ahead goes out the window before I can even get it open), we improvise a lot. We had planned to spend the day downtown since he wasn't scheduled to fly that day. Thankfully, the flying part didn't change but he did end up having to go into work for the first half of the day which ruined our downtown plans. Instead, once he was home, we did some much needed wardrobe shopping at the Tanger Outlets. The poor boy hasn't bought new clothes in about three years. It was long overdue. We ended the birthday night with a nice dinner at Sake House which had a spicy tuna roll to.die.for. Trust me. I'm a pro at sushi rolls.


Why I took a picture of random Japanese food instead of our delicious tuna roll, I have no idea. Why I take pictures of food at all, I really don't have a clue. But, I sure do love some yummy Japanese house salad. I swear they put crack in that ginger dressing. Mmm delish.

Somebody just couldn't wait to get into Daddy's birthday cake. My guess is the one with the sticky fingers.

We did finally make it downtown for a special birthday lunch at East Bay Brewery the next day a few hours before he had to leave on his next flight. We've been eyeing this restaurant for months. Maybe I put too much hype into it, but it was not nearly as amahzing as we'd hoped it'd be. The tomato garlic cheese app didn't disappoint but the rest of meal definitely didn't knock our socks off. A slight disappointment. I felt sort of bad sending him off on his flight with less than super food to satisfy. 

Oh well. At least we got to spend his birthday together. That was the main goal of the day and I think we did just that. 

Happy belated birthday my love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment