Yesterday I went to my 28 week appointment (with Cheyanne in tow of course). Yeah, I'm just still a little shocked that I'm already 28 weeks. Time is flying by.
28 weeks is the standard glucose test. Yay. If you are unfamiliar, I'll explain. You drink this nasty tart orange drink (or fruit punch if you prefer- which I DONT) and wait around for an hour to then get blood drawn to see if you're system is going crazy from all that dang sugar crap in the drink. Maybe that's not the scientific way of explaining it, but that's pretty much what happens. It takes a few days for results but I had no side effects so I assume that's a good thing.
My day at the dr didn't stop there. I was lucky to get my Rhogam shot after they drew my final blood. Major sarcasm here with the lucky comment! That dang thing hurts. Now I'm not saying its comparable to anything like childbirth, but for a needle, that sucker is painful. I am so glad that Cheyanne didn't get my negative blood. But, poor Cheyanne. For whatever reason, she wanted to hold my hand at the moment as the nurse prepped the needle. No idea why, but it was not good timing when the nurse was sticking a big thick needle in my butt. I may or may not have shrieked and startled the nurse enough that she had to jab my butt twice because she didn't get it the first time. Awesome. Again I say, poor Cheyanne and her little hand. Good thing I tend to laugh when I'm nervous so I didn't freak my baby girl out. My butt is still sore the next day. Ridic. I can hear you laughing now, T.
The highlight of the day… and yes there is a highlight… I got to see this little guy.
Look at that profile. I can already tell he is a cutie. Everything in the ultrasound looked great. He is right on size and healthy as a champ, weighing 2 1/2 pounds. And for those of you that are keeping track, I have gained about 9-10 pounds thus far. Most importantly, he's healthy and I'm so grateful for healthy babies.
While he moves all day and throughout the night, he slept during the entire ultrasound. He moved his arms a few times to his face but besides that, zzzz. How that is possible after the glucose drink, I have no idea. Cheyanne sat through all of this like an angel, and that is rare that I use that term with my sweet girl. I love her to death but angelic behavior is rare with my wild toddler. At the doctor's office- angel! Aw thank the Lord. She couldn't have cared less this time about seeing baby boy. She was busy playing on Mommy's phone. Perfect.
Because she was so good all day (and because Mommy's poor bum cheek was achey and I wasn't about to stand over the stove to prep dinner), we got a special treat for dinner. We had dinner out at a Japanese restaurant down the street that is conveniently located right next to an ice cream/custard shop.
After she got done picking all the sprinkles off of our cone, she wanted me to get rid of all the frozen custard so she could eat the cone. Seriously. The girl hates frozen custard apparently but loved everything else about our special treat.
She quickly took matters into her own hands.
She wanted to show off all the yumminess in her mouth.
Early stages of "see food"
It pays to be good with this Momma. It usually pays off. I'm quite a push over on days when I don't feel 100%.
After our sticky treat night, someone needed a bath! My little Kate Middleton showing off her bowl hat. Such the bath fashionista.








love it! and yes I was laughing at your expense.. sorry:)
ReplyDelete