Day 25 - your day, in great detail
Are you kidding me? Hello?? I have a baby. There will be no "in great detail" today. I'll give you the rundown.
Baby wakes up around 6am. I give baby medicine and put her in bed with me. We sleep for about an hour until she wakes up to eat. Once awake, we say goodbye to Nana and Skipper as they leave for work. Depending on how we slept the night before, we either lay back in bed to cuddle and watch Hoda and Kathie Lee on the Today Show, or we begin our day of play. Fast forward 2 hours of play. Baby lays down for late morning nap around 11am. Momma jumps in shower while baby naps. Momma jumps out of shower to get dressed, hurry through a few things on her to do list for the day. Baby wakes up hungry. Feed baby. Feed self while baby plays in jumperoo or on floor mat. Tummy time. Play play. Laundry or some other random chore that can be done with baby in tow as at this point baby wants nothing but to be held. Baby takes afternoon nap. I squeeze in whatever other things are mandatory on my to do list such as pay bills, make phone calls, catch up on my blog, etc. Baby awakes ready to eat again. Play play. Hopefully catch a little of either Ellen or Oprah during play time. Nana and Skipper get home and take baby for a few moments while I let my arms rest (jk). Dinner. Phone call from the Giant when he gets out of class. Baby time. Get baby ready for bed starting at 8pm. Usually put baby down just as the Giant calls again as he is getting ready for bed as well around 8:30pm. Perform juggling act of soothing screaming baby fighting sleep and carrying on an adult conversation trying to get filled in on whatever has gone on in the Giant's world that day. Postpone the phone call until baby is completely asleep and I am able to relax and talk like a normal human being. Ah breathe. Finish phone call. Fall to sleep. Wake up around 2:30 to put awake baby back to sleep. Perform this a few more times throughout the night. And wake up at 6am to do it all over again.
Yeah, that's my typical day. Riveting I know.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment