The way they stare at each other is absolutely breathtaking. One is constantly staring at the other, no matter what else is going on. Chey is in amazement that her Daddy does NOT live in a computer or phone screen. And Daddy is in amazement that his little girl is so big and mobile. No matter how long they go without being together *which was 3 months this time* they pick right back up without much hesitation.
This time, she was in her daddy's arms before we could even get out of the airport. Momma who? We had a wonderful visit with the Giant on his last minute trip home. Last week, we were given less than 24 hours notice, but we got our bags packed, hit the road towards North Carolina to pick him up, and he was home.
We took a few days to get away as a family right off the bat and soaked up every single minute of alone time. Thank you for all of the supportive comments and emails I received. I didn't respond to a single one of them, but hopefully you understand why. I was family-time'ing it and loving it. We took walks on the beach, enjoyed family morning snuggles in bed, and reminisced down memory lane while exploring our wedding location with baby girl. It was a perfect few days. Ah, the luxury of rolling over in bed and saying "Sweetheart, the baby is crying. Can you go get her, please?" Suh-weet! After 3 days of just us, it was back to Raleigh to see his family and finish off his trip. Despite two accidents that landed his grandmother in the hospital *twice* (which thankfully were not worse than they were), it was a good overall trip. Of course it went by way too fast. Hopefully however, that is a sign that these next 3 months will fly by as well. Fingers crossed!
On to the massive amounts of photos taken over the 5 day trip- since I know that's what you are really waiting on!! I'll spare you the other 200+ that I took of my two loves- and a few of me stuck in there somewhere.
See you later Daddy...









does a sister's heart good to see those pictures! So glad you three got to spend some good quality time together!
ReplyDeletewe are so happy to see you as a family.
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt Jennie
The last picture almost made me cry...it looks like Chey is waiving bye-bye :(
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE the first one...that is exactly where you said "I-DO", right?
miss you all!
Sarah it is the exact same spot! So special to take her there and capture such precious pictures. Now if I had thought to get a good of the three of us....coulda woulda shoulda.
ReplyDeleteIn love with this post!!! Such a beautiful family :) - xoxo Jacqueline
ReplyDelete