Friday, November 4, 2011

Have I told you she's walking?

I suddenly realized that I have somehow left out a major detail of what's happening in this Wood house of ours. Miss Cheyanne is walking! How have I not told you? Oops! Blame the deployment brain.

I don't have video yet but I'm working on it. She's up to 20+ steps at one time (as of today). That's pretty impressive, huh? Go Chey Chey!

Those first few steps were in perfect timing. The week before the Giant left, Little Miss decided it was time. Her walking story- Hubs had just pulled in from work and Babes and I were playing in the front yard waiting on him. He opened his car door to a sweet baby's squeal and we walked (baby ran pulling me behind her) to him hand in hand, then with an impromptu "Cheyanne walk to Momma"-BAM! There those 2 steps came. Like I said, perfect timing!! As the days pass, she is getting braver and braver to venture on her own thus the big 2-0+ today. Crawling is still her number one mode of getting from point a to point b quickly, but walking is catching up pretty quickly. I'm so excited for her still. And she's so proud of herself when she does it.





The tongue out means she's happy.

We took a nature walk through the yard since it such a nice day out to practice our walking skills. "Dad-oo! Dad-oo!" is what I heard the entire time as we discussed and inspected everything growing in the yard. Dad-oo means "I want" in Cheyanne language- FYI. 

"Dad-oo!" So, we picked Momma's new flowers. Yay….


"Dad-oo!" So we collected leaves and organized them by color- she did I mean, not me- seriously.

 

I just love this picture because this is what I got when I said "Chey show me your leaf. " She was too bust sorting to look.


"Dad-oo!" And then of course we NEEDED her truck outside.


Aaaa feel the wind in your hair little one as you go cruisin' by.



I'm so proud of my sweet girl. What will she do next?

Hubs, we prayed for you lots today. It was such a relief and surprise to hear from you today. I remind myself daily that each day that passes is one day closer to you being home. Can't wait for that day. We love you.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the post Ms Molly. SHe looks so happy outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Cheyanne! I can't believe you're walking...what a big girl you are! :)

    Molly--I have been thinking about y'all and praying for your sweet family. I'm praying the days go by quickly and the three of you will all be back under one roof in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete