Sunday, November 27, 2011

Three Months Behind

I somehow just realized that I'm the worst Mom at remembering milestones. I can't believe I NEVER posted her monthly milestones since her birthday!! Worst! So for record sake, I'm going to just quickly recap what she's been up to and how fast she's growing in the last…3 months.

Let's start.

How is this the only picture I have with Mr. Bear on her birthday? I think too much was hitting me that day to remember to get a good picture. I swear she had lips at 12 months. She just likes to suck them in (still). At 12 months, Cheyanne's Daddy was home so life was good, crazy but good. I think 12 months might have been a little bit of a rough month because everything was an adjustment. Going from one parent to two within a day changes things. She adjusted just in time…


At her 12 month check-up, Chey weighed 22lbs 7oz and measured 29.5inches. That continued the reign in the 75th+% of measurements. Not walking yet, but she was quite the furniture cruiser. Her hair is now starting to really grow in despite being a little "mulletish" with short up front and a curly party in the back. MomMom and Dadda were regular words being used correctly (most of the time).

Oh man, I really wish now that I had taken the time to do this at the time. This is harder than I thought to remember.

On to the big 1-3 month update.

Thankfully, I remembered to get some good pictures this month.





Thirteen months was a BIG BIG BIG month. My baby evolved into a toddler, and Lordy did it happen fast. She went from no steps to three steps to twenty steps all in the blink of an eye (or about a twenty-four hours). How is that even possible? How did it happen the first time? Baby and I were outside in the front yard waiting on Daddy to come home from work. He pulled in the driveway and in normal fashion, she wanted to get to him as fast as possible. In his arms, he turned her around and said "Walk to Mommy." We both lightly encouraged her like we usually did, but something in her nerves changed and off she went! Three steps all the way to me. Hooping and hollering ensued which then led to more walking and more hooping and hollering. So on and so on. By the next day, I'd lost count after 20. I tell you what, when she catches on to something, she sure takes off with it.

Some other things that changed this month after daddy deployed were… a few extra ounces gained, an inch or two grown, another tooth popped through on the bottom which has her at 5 total, and our first ponytail/pigtails. Another big first this month, "Uh oh!" I don't guess this technically is her first word, but its definitely her first towards talking. Its the cutest thing I've ever heard. "Uh oh!" Cracks me up every time she drops something and then looks at me and says "Uh oh."Also, everyone gets a "Hi!" Hi Hi Hi!

Now on to NOW- 14 months.



Is it just me or does this girl seriously look more like a girl than a baby? Maybe its the hair or maybe its the smile, but I just can't get over how much she has changed. Her days are constant and jam packed full of fun. Finally, I think its safe to say that we have our own little routine, just us girls here. She has started a good sleeping schedule- down by 8:30pm, sleeps until 5:30am, nurses and back to sleep until 8:30am most days. We are still at one nap during the day which starts at 12:00 and lasts a solid 2 hours. Finally! 

She's becoming quite the chatty cathy saying words like "uh oh," "up," "boo" for book, "ba" for bear (Mr. Bear), "doo doo" for thank you, "dadoo" means I want, and "out." Maybe they are words only a MomMom can understand, but she's got a good start. 

Body parts are big right now. We have a game of pointing to all our body parts every day. She knows her belly, belly button, toes, nose, eyes, mouth, boobies, and fingers. That's quite the accomplishment I think. Her favorite- her belly button!

We are still nursing around 5 times a day. She is very texture oriented so its still a constant game of figuring out what she'll eat. She "can" eat most things but does not care for meats or other tougher or stringy foods. She'll eat the entire can of corn or cooked (and sweetened) carrots if I let her. And carbs. Oh the carbs. She's a little more like me in this department than I'd like. But, who can blame her? I sure can't. My way around the blank carbs on days where I can't seem to get much healthy in her, I sneak in some veggie pasta. Thankfully she loves it. Sneaky MomMom.

I think that catches me up to date on her milestones. Hope you enjoyed this three months crash post.


1 comment: