Friday, February 24, 2012

17 Months?!

17 months old is hard to type, let alone think. Its been a challenging month for sure, but so far, its been my favorite. Cheyanne, little girl, you amaze me every single day. You are beautiful. You are a handful. You are absolutely the perfect mix of your father and mother that's for sure.

Oh and you NEVER sit still. Getting your 17 month pictures was impossible. Two different photo shoots and this is the best one I got. I'll have to try again.

These are a few of the 2nd outtakes.
 and here are the first

Oh boy.

I have a hard time grasping that you are not a baby anymore. Independence has taken over. I don't think I was completely ready for how independent you actually are. Some days the independence is fantastic and very appreciated. Other days, your independence and slight mix of short temperedness (I don't know where you get that from) is a fun mix…

Your fake cry face.

 You like to feed yourself and get frustrated when I try and help you though you actually do feed yourself very well with utensils. You know what you want and like to push me in that general direction so I can figure it out too. We play the game of point and guess all day long. You climb. You run. You are determined to do things on your own. You are all girl but I think I'm starting to see some rough and tumble in you too. I like that.


While you are so independent, you give me these sweet moments that remind me how much you still love me and need me. You are quite the little comedian too. You like to sneak up on me from behind with a big bear hug and we laugh hysterically like you surprised me each.and.every.time. Once is never enough.

Bath time becomes an art fest with your fancy bath crayons. You are for sure an artist in the making! I do actually hope this is true, because you have some serious artists in your bloodline and I'm afraid it skipped over your parents.

The biggest milestone this month is definitely that we quit nursing. Knowing how attached you were, I was very nervous that this would be too difficult for you, but you surprised me. It was like we were in agreement that we both felt it was time. We went from 2 feedings to no feedings in less than 3 days.My reasonings for stopping nursing were selfish as I just wanted my body back for a little while, but I'd say nursing you for 16 months was a pretty great accomplishment on both of our parts. Good job kiddo! We proved all of the doubters wrong. Score 1 us.


This is our last month on our own. (Thank the Lord). I have loved being with you 24/7 and I wouldn't take any of our moments back for all the money in the world, but hasn't been an easy month Chey. I love you more than I can ever say.  You make MomMom and Daddy very proud. I can't wait for Daddy to get home and see how much you've grown up!

Stats: Taken at her checkup 3 weeks ago.
Weight: 24+ pounds (the first time that you've been under the 80th percentile because you had a growth spurt in height). You have lost weight from our stay in Virginia. Your length is catching up quick to the weight.
Height: 31.5 inches You are probably taller than that now since you definitely just had a growth spurt evidenced by the two weeks of eating me out of house and home every meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment