Saturday, February 4, 2012

Closet Cleanup

of maybe I should call this the "Closet clean out."

With a month left of the Giant's deployment, my butt is in high gear of cleaning up around here. While the big projects are much easier to turn my attention to, its the small ones that i'm really making sure get done. For instance, I have now cleaned out and de-cluttered a junk drawer and two closets in the last few weeks. Projects that usually would have been kicked to the sidelines if I had the Giant home, but without him here to have a say, things need to find good homes around here. I'm ridding us of cardboard boxes. I'm tired of looking at them for the last 6 months. Outta here!

I thought I'd show you my easy peasy and much more useful craft closet cleanup.

Hi, my name is Molly and I'm a craftoholic.


Since nap time has become Mommy's project time, I did a craft purge the other day while Peapod slept. I pulled out every craft/project box that I could find hidden throughout the house and put everything in piles. Ribbon goes with ribbon. Paint goes with paint. Craft paper goes with craft paper. Trash in the trash pile. You get it.


With no money in the budget for storage, I took matters in my hands and made my own. Its not beautiful, but it sure is functional.


An old shoe organizer, three same size cardboard boxes and a whole lot of duct tape did the job just fine.

The end result. An organized craft closet.



A fully functional, $0 budget cheap, life simplifying solution to an addiction that had spun out of control. I now know why my husband has forbid me from going to Michael's. For now. But, I'm thrilled with how my little space turned out. For an hour of my time and zero dollars, I'm pretty proud of it.

It won't always stay this organized...


… but that's what closet doors are for. Hide the mess and/or keep the little fingers out of the crafts.

And when your little one is just dying to play with the paints, you have a finger painting day outside in the sunshine.


Or belly painting, whatever floats her boat. And hopefully, you catch a little foot print or hand print in the process to make something fun like this for her "under the water" themed room as a memory. See the footprint and handprint? Baby art.

1 comment:

  1. you definitely have a craft problem Molly. If I had known it had gotten this bad I would've called TLC- I'm sure there's a reality show on that we could've gotten in on... Glad you were able to get some organizational help- very proud of you for resisting the urge to decoupage the cardboard... Little steps...

    ReplyDelete