Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Looky who I found!


The Giant is home!!!!

So thankful that a friend took the picture above and sent it to me because my brain was so scattered once he landed that the only picture I remembered to take was the one below…in the parking lot before we loaded up to head home. I'm learning.


I did get a few videos but nothing like I should have. Once I saw the Giant climb down the steps, all forethought of blogging escaped me. That and I was going on 4 hours of sleep… See?

This is the plane coming in. Captain obvi here at your service.

And here we spotted the Giant. The end. HA!


Cheyanne didn't know what to think at first. It was cold and there were a lot of people screaming. Oh and she was not thrilled when the plane came right towards us to turn and unload. It was too close for her comfort. Not for me though! The closer the better at that point. 

Once we got to Daddy, she wouldn't go to him but she wanted to keep her eyes on him. If you have never experienced a deployment return, the process goes you wait for their return, you greet them, then you have to go your seperate ways again for a while so they can in-process with blood work, etc. It was at that point that Chey was NOT cool with saying goodbye again to Daddy. She didn't understand why he had to leave us again. Thank God for the yummy muffins someone brought that waited for us inside and helped take her mind off of the confusing separation. God bless that person.

Chey actually took to her Daddy amazingly fast. Both the Giant and I are still a little perplexed at how well she has responded to him. Let me just show you a picture that says it better than I can even explain. 


More on their, I mean our day later.

3 comments:

  1. So glad he is home. You guys enjoy some family time together and take lots of pictures this week on vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO SO happy for all three of y'all! Enjoy your family time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very glad all is well, safe and home. You all have a blast. See you soon...you too Trimble.
    Love Aunt Jennie

    ReplyDelete