Genius me... has been having a rough last few days- rough past week more like it. Nothing severe. Just a slump. A dang annoying pessimistic black cloud slump. I can't seem to make many things go my way. Emotions included. Very. Frustrating. I'd say I spent a good chunk of my weekend crying. For what reason you ask? Oh now that I look back, I have no idea what one thing stuck out the most enough to come so unglued. I think I'm starting a habit of saying "Poor Hubs." He used to get so frustrated that I'm not an "easy" person to console or help. It's true. I'm not a comfortable person with the whole crying scene in the first place, even though yes I may have been referred to once or twice as the drama queen in my family. I have a pretty good life when I sit back and look at things. I can't say that I've been handed anything ever that I didn't have some part in creating or something I couldn't handle. I have an amazingly supportive family. I have some fabulously loyal friends. I have a loving husband. And the sun came up this morning- so overall things are positive. However, as I've mentioned before- I'm a "realist" and let's just face it- life is hard. (I'm on a rabbit trail right now because that was not the point of this post! sorry.)
So, last night after yet another difficult day at work, I needed to unwind. I thought, "Hmm I want to watch a movie, get my mind off things." Movie nights always seem to help. So Hubs and I sat for an hour scrolling through the On Demand movies viewing previews of various movies, neither able to make the call. So I narrowed it down to 3 movies, which were all in the wrong category for my mood but there were no side-splittingly funny comedies available. Here's how my thoughts went... "Lovely Bones. Looks like it could be good. But I think I will terrified for Peapod after so lets skip that one. Where the Wild Things Are. Oh man I've been wanting to see that! Well, Cousin said it is pretty dark in the first half and maybe I shouldn't see it tonight and make me worse. OK so Everybody's Fine. that looks like a good family loving movie. Drew Barrymore's in it. Eh she's alright at acting but she's always in peppy movies so this will be a good one to lighten my mood."

Wrong. Very. Very. Wrong. This might have been the worst pick possible for my mood. I mean, geesh, I was crying within the first 2 minutes. Literally. What the crap? Good movie for those not easily swayed by emotions right now or people who don't miss their family already. Ugh! At one point, I was sobbing so hard, I don't think I could breathe. So, lesson learned. Don't judge a movie by its title! Because, last night- everybody was NOT fine!

you scared me with a title like that! geez... gave me a mild heart attack!
ReplyDeleteYour sister's getting old- be gentle with this aged heart...
T
PS: WHERE'S.... THE.... BABY BUMP????? (yelling like the "super-suit" comment in The Incredibles.
ReplyDeleteEEK! I should be a caution up on this one then! Not trying to kill the Aunt! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat movie was SO SAD! Totally not what I was expecting either...
ReplyDeleteI echo your sister's sentiment about the title AND the bump pics!