If you know me- then know about my niece Winter. If you don't- here's a little history lesson. She is my cousin Heather's amazing 7 year old daughter who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia on August 25th, 2009-a week after her 7th birthday. I have resisted talking too much about her on here yet, not because I don't have anything to say or that there isn't important news to share, but everything else of mine is devoted to her right now and, well, this blog is to help me in other areas as well-so I'm branching out. You look at my facebook and you see Winter. You ask me how my family is and I might talk your ear off about her. You ask me what I'm doing for the weekend, and I'll probably tell you instead what is going on with her and what we're doing. If you want to know anything more on her directly, we have set up a website that her mom and I keep updated for people to visit. (You have to login with an email address because we didn't want just any joe-blow in cyber world to know specific details about her- but the email addresses are not used for anything). Thank you friends for caring and loving and continuing to pray. My family has received so much grace from so many during this time, most we may never even meet.
So, the other day she got pictures back from a photoshoot that was done in November at the hospital. This charity called Flashes of Hope came to The Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters and put on a photoshoot for all the chemo kids in oncology clinic. All FREE too. They did her makeup and Heather's too, giving them both an afternoon to look and feel beautiful. I wanted to share these with you. Isn't she just beautiful?











That's our amazingly strong Wintergirl.

These pictures are beautiful! I especially love the one of the two of them hugging and looking at eachother. I hope they had a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteWe keep Winter in our prayers always. <3
love my family! T
ReplyDeletethese are precious...they brought tears to my eyes...
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful, Molly. But there is no way that girl is only seven!! :)
ReplyDeleteKathryn- I know! She has grown so much during all this! I feel like she's aged 5 years in the midst of her chemo. I call her baby but obviously she is not anymore :( SAD! but beautiful!
ReplyDelete