
Tonight is night two. Cry-fest lasted 18 minutes and out she went. I sat by her bassinet and in 3-4 minute increments I would sit up and put her pacifier back in. That would calm her down for a few moments to catch her breath then back at it she went. Then in 3-4 minutes again, I would do it all over. One final time, my mom walked in when I had just put her pacifier in and told me to take a breather for a minute. We switched. I walked out and don't you know that she fell to sleep. Immediately. I hate pacifiers, but the kid's got a serious sucking fascination right now. Only when she is tired does she ever actually take her pacifier, so at this point, anything to calm her down I'm all for. OK, so Moms, any suggestions in this area? How did you do it? Did you let them cry it out straight or did you intervene at all? I need some pro advice. Below is a photo from tonight's cry it out attempt.

That little hand in the air broke my heart! Reaching for anything! SAVE ME MOMMA! Uuugh...

This is the hardest! I wish I had some sort of advice for you Molly. Max only has trouble taking naps in his crib. So lately my mom has been letting him "soothe" himself. She'll let him cry fro a little and he'll get tired and zonk out. Does Cheyanne have a favorite blanket or toy that you could use as a "security" type thing? Just a thought.
ReplyDeleteThis is very very hard to do and it's hard to give advice because every baby is different! I used to be able to swaddle Evan and lay him down never a problem. As he got older he would fuss but I would put him down with a bottle and he'd go to sleep drinking that. Now he us sleeping with me. My good sleeper now only sleeps good with me! I think doung it like you are is good... Let her cry for a few minutes then go in and check on her and reassure her and etc... Allowing more time to pass between each check on her... Don't know if that'll work but it sounds like she is at least stopping at some point so hang in there!
ReplyDelete