Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fantastic surprise!

All day I kept thinking, "Well its been a week since I've heard from him. One week closer to the end. I bet they won't let him call again until Christmas." I had pretty much settled in my head that I wouldn't hear his voice for a while. Pretty much that is, but of course I still keep my cell phone glued to my hand as much as possible. Tonight I was just about to give Cheyanne her bath when I realized I'd left my cell phone in my bedroom. I thought for a moment, "Oh he won't call. And I'll just call anyone else back after her bath." But as I got her undressed, I thought again, "But if he calls and I miss it, I'll just die." So I wrapped her in a towel and headed back to my room to grab my phone. I cross my heart and hope to die that as soon as I picked up my phone off the bed, it rang and sure enough a picture of a baby hand in a daddy hand (his facebook picture) popped up on my screen! BAHHH! Talk about going with your gut feelings! It was too perfect.

We were able to talk for a few minutes, a little less rushed than last phone call. But, we were still on a time limit, so we filled in gaps as much as possible. This phone call wasn't actually a casual call but was meant strictly for "business" but we finagled that one a little. He has started to get mail. I've been writing him everyday with printed pictures of the baby mostly. He has received three so far, so it looks like the mail runs about a week behind. He said he doesn't get much time to write, that is only allowed at night when lights are off and only has certain days he can mail out anything. So, like I said before, if you do get a chance to write him, please do, but don't expect much in return. He said mail is so nice. I think it helps keep spirits up, especially right now. I'm sure he'll have plenty of stories to share when he's out in a couple months. Maybe I'll even let him guest blog a few times to share some!

So that's been my night. My husband called and my baby went down for night 3 with just 20 minutes of crying. YAY! My heart is happy right now.

_________________
And speaking of baby...





I couldn't resist. Someone has found a few new rolls! I could just eat her up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to hear from him! What good news. We'd like to write him. Could you email me his address? Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete