Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 27 of being thankful

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN.

I'm thankful that…

I inherited my dad's creativity. I wish I had inherited my Mom's constant ability to organize things as well though. I think that would probably have been a good pairing with my constant creative/craft thoughts.

Sometimes craft ideas run through my head so fast, I can't keep up. That's where I think my Mom's organizational skills would help me keep it together. Walking through craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby is like setting off fireworks in my head- mind blowing. Its sometimes (always) overwhelming. My husband can't even go in those kind of stores with me anymore because my mind runs faster than my mouth can explain my ideas and it becomes all too much for him. If we go together, he typically waits in the car and sets the timer.

Charleston got our first Hobby Lobby last month, and lets just say its a good thing that I live a solid 35 minutes from it, or it might very well become my second home. Craft stores are to me what Lowe's is to my husband and that is putting it mildly. I went today with my girlfriend Leslie and I think I might have even overwhelmed her with my creativity. I gave her fair warning.

The list of projects grew today, but thankfully, the supplies to complete those projects were checked off so I can finally start getting things done here. I say that slightly sarcastically because things are ALWAYS getting done here. If I told you how much we got done this weekend, it would probably be too much to read. Our small list: nursery painted, bonus room transformation into bedroom supplies purchased, bonus room transformation into bedroom begun, 2 walls up, Christmas decorations up, fall decorations put away, etc, etc… All this weekend. It never ends.

I hope Cheyanne inherits a healthy mix of her Mommy's creativity and her Daddy's practicality- or we're all in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment