Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 29 of being thankful

DAY TWENTY-NINE.

I'm thankful for…

medical care (and for my husband being home to help out with today's medical care needs).

After fighting a cough the last few days, Cheyanne woke last night throwing up which required a middle of the night complete bed change, bath, and all night cuddle session. Hoping it was a fluke and knowing that my daughter is just a sick puker, I thought we'd see how today went without any doctor intervention. By 10 this morning I knew that wasn't going to happen. When she practically couldn't catch her breath from coughing so hard all morning, I made the call to our base peds. I'm so thankful they had an opening within an hour. And I'm so thankful that the Giant was able to be in the waiting room waiting on us to arrive instead of being away like I'm used to.

The doctor decided we needed a chest x-ray to clear out any pneumonia possibility. Me being pregnant, I couldn't go in there with her for the x-ray so thankfully her daddy was there to take over. Just listening to the terrified screams from the other side of the x-ray door was too much for this mucho preggo Momma to handle. At one point, I actually thought about busting into the room despite the obvious, but knowing she was in good hands made it easier to keep my feet planted. While all of that was going on, I ran to the nurses station and had them give me a lollipop and stickers to have ready for Chey when the trauma was over. Ugh my poor baby.

Thankfully, the doctor called and told us the xray looked clear and she feels that Cheyanne is battling a bad cold and possibly something else so she put her on an antibiotic since we've been dealing with her cough and diarrhea for over two weeks.

I know today's incident is nothing compared to what so many other families deal with medically, but for me, this was a first and boy was it rough. I'm so thankful for the care that my daughter received right away and that her daddy was here to help her through it. Some things Momma just can't do these days apparently.

Say a little prayer that she feels better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment