Saturday, December 18, 2010

3 Months of Personality


Seeing as Cheyanne just turned three months, I thought I should make a list of things that she has been up to recently.



Cheyanne--

  • loves her bathtime. Long gone are the days of this...
Baths and running water are very calming for her
  • laughs hysterically when its time to change clothes for the first few moments until she gets bored. Her favorite part is popping her head out of the top. 
  • also loves getting her clothes taken off, especially her sleeves. We have a game where I shake her armsleeves out. She knows its coming and starts laughing before I've even touched her. Entirely too cute!
  • is not a good sleeper. She takes 3-4 naps that last about 15-20 minutes each, usually. Some days we get lucky and she'll sleep an hour or so, but those days are all too rare. And at night, she has just (in the last 2 weeks) began sleeping a 4-6 hour stretch at night then wakes to nurse at 3:30am. I put her back down around 4am which then she sleeps until 6:30-7. From that point on, we nurse every 2 hours.
  • is the worlds lightest sleeper!! I don't have a clue where she gets that from. Her daddy is the deepest sleeper ever created and I used to be pretty sound myself. I don't judge anything based on how I sleep now. Zilch is pretty close to how I sleep these days. She wakes up to the floor squeaking. Tonight she even woke up while I was writing something down with a marker. And yet, we still have her noise machine going every night when she sleeps.
  • loves to smile and lock eyes. She watches me every where I go and smiles as soon as our eyes meet.
  • loves her momma more than anyone else in the whole world. Most times she won't let anyone else even hold her once she realizes she is not in my arms. While I wish she would let my family hold her more, one day I will really miss these days when all she wanted was me. So, I'm the only one here not complaining about this right now.
  • is talking and cooing more and more every day. She is very much a talker. Oh to know what all she is trying to say. Mark my words, she will be quite the story teller and I can already see her reports coming home saying, "Cheyanne is good student, but she talks a lot in class." Just like her Momma.
  • wants to have my attention all day long and makes sure I (and everyone else in ear shot) know it.
  • still hates her Zantac medicine that I give her every morning and night. Who would like the taste of really really strong peppermint? Not my girl. But almost instantly once she takes it, I can tell the difference in her and see she feels better.
  • loves being read to, in short spurts, with big bright pictures. Thank you Aunt Sharon for her Mother Goose book. Its definitely one of our favorites. Our other favorites are of course our Read-along books by Daddy. The Night Before Christmas and Guess How Much I Miss You (Thank you too Saias for this one). She looks all around when we open her Daddy's book and he reads.
  • stays in constant motion. This little girl is not one that likes to sit still. Ever.
  • is a big open mouth kisser.
  • hates her feet covered unless she has no other option aka footie outfits. Just like her Daddy, has to have one foot out of the blanket while she sleeps.
  • gets the hiccups at least once a day (stupid acid reflux) and spits up after almost every feeding. That means lots of wardrobe changes.
  • favorite song is Jingle Bells and the wheels on the bus
So that's my 3 month old girl

 Photo by Schaffer Photography

1 comment:

  1. Little Chey had better let her auntie T hold her over Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete